Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Five Years Later...

...guess who's back?  Back again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkUvmDQ3HY

Yep.  It's been awhile.  I was going to start a new blog from scratch, but then I realized that I've already done that like five times.  So instead what I'm going to do is pick up exactly where I left off with my most successful incarnation.  The one with three pages of material, instead of three posts.

So why now?  Because I want to challenge myself to follow my passion.  Not that I don't love my job or anything like that, but I've always had a passion for music and movies as you can see with five year old opinions that some have changed since then, but are still a sign of my passion for the media.  I still have dreams and ambitions to one day review movies or music for a living. 

Will those dreams ever come true?  I can only try.  I got an interview once with one of my life long film sites I visit, but nothing ever really came of that.  Who says I can't try again?  I've still got the drive to follow my dreams and have been doing so by writing about movies and musics on other sites and forums I go to.  But you can only go so far with just sharing your opinions on forums, so I'm going to pick up where I left off by updating this blog again.  That way I can share this and hopefully get recognized again.  And hopefully not have this go without an update for another five years ever again.

So what will be different this time?  Well I've got a few ideas that have changed my perspective on reviewing in those five years, so here's what I'm going to do.

Movies:

-I'm still going to do my film reviews every time I see a new movie.  But not just in cinemas.  Since we are now living in the streaming era, I'm going to be reviewing Netflix/Disney+/Hulu/etc. original movies.  As much effort is going into those as they are for movies in theaters.  So I'll be doing that.

-I'll also be posting some of my best/worst lists of random movie years.  I've got a plethora of lists from other years that I'll be sharing retrospectively.  Can't promise how often these will get posted, but I'm going to try to do one year every three months.

-And so we don't go without material for so long, I'll also be doing Trailer Talk.  Which will be my initial impressions on trailers because there is plenty to talk about with movie trailers.  Some good, some bad.  But hey.  First impressions aren't always everything.  I hated the trailers for our number one movie in America, Sonic the Hedgehog.  And that movie wasn't so bad.  Meanwhile, Suicide Squad had great trailers, only to end up being absolute garbage.  Which is why you can only judge so much based off of trailers.


Music:

-Every three months or so, I'll be doing seasonal chart rankings.  This will probably be the first update to this new blog if I can make a guess as to what I'll share with you all first.  In this post, I'll be briefly reviewing the Billboard Top 20.  What songs are good?  What songs are bad?  Will these effect my year end lists?  Definitely not because my opinions constantly change.  But I don't want some of the biggest songs out there right now not go unnoticed by me.

-And just like with movies, I'll also be doing best/worst lists of random years.  I also have a plethora of lists from other years that I've done retrospectively from other websites.  Some of them will get reposted, but I plan to update older ones where my opinions have changed drastically.


Anyway, hope that two or three of you that still follow this blog enjoy my much delayed return.  And the rest of you, I hope you all enjoy the ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment