Monday, October 19, 2015

Greetings

Hey everyone.  I've tried many times in the past to open my own blogspot, but constantly keep abandoning the idea due to prior commitments with work and not having a real idea as to where I want to go with this blogspot.

Not anymore.  I know my real passion is critiquing and it just doesn't feel right to abandon this concept entirely.  So with that being said, instead of just talking about film like I have previously done with my blogspots, I'm going to open the window for another form of entertainment: music.  Over the past three years, I've started to dive into getting just as serious about critiquing music.  I enjoy analyzing what music has become popular in the mainstream and following the Billboard Hot 100 charts.  Because it is fun to see what music gets popular and to judge it by my own merits.  Coming from a household where I grew up playing instruments in band classes and listening to an assortment of music (mostly country), my passion for music is almost nearly as strong as my passion for film.

What else can I say about film that I haven't in my previous attempts to launch a blogspot to those of you who have followed me in the past?  I've loved movies since I started following the local newspapers when I was 8 to see what movies are in theaters to go see.  I took a multitude of film appreciation, production, and screenwriting courses in high school and in college.  I've followed the box office forecasts and prognostics since I was ten.  No matter how many times I try to freelance critique, I know that film will always be at the forefront of what to try and freelance critique in.  Even when I abandoned my past two blogs, I still want to show my love for movies.

So with that being said, I'm going to open this blog properly by doing what will eventually become one of the norms of what I will be blogging about.  Since today is a Monday, that means Billboard will be updating what the new Top 10 songs are for this upcoming week.  Of course, like the Hot 100 has become over the past two years, it will more than likely be stagnant.  But since it's a new week, I want to give some slight commentary on what I am thinking about music lately.  It's not going to be just about the pop genre, which I will mostly be covering because that's what is the most popular genre is.  I will cover all genres and insert my two thoughts about certain trends.  On Sundays will be when I do my weekly music review because it is the last official day before Billboard updates their charts again on the following.  Plus I want to pay homage to a good friend of mine who influenced me to give this a shot.  Thank you Eric.

As for film, I will also be doing not two, but three different types of film blog topics.  On Wednesdays, I will be giving the same sort of meta-commentary on the film industry and what I think about upcoming attractions, films from yesteryear, big news stories like a new movie announced or actors/actresses signing for new roles, etc.  On Friday,  I will give my weekend forecast on how I think certain movies will perform while also recapping the previous weekend and what I got right and what I got wrong.  Then of course, my movie reviews will be posted sporadically, not weekly.  Because let's face it.  If I reviewed a new movie once a week, I'll overexhaust myself critiquing and burn a hole in my wallet at the movie theater haha.

So let's get this journey started.  Thank you to whoever reads this and/or comments.  I hope you guys enjoy this and let's keep my fingers crossed that I don't abandon this again.  Third time is the charm or so they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment